Builders aren’t waiting for the solutions, they’re out there creating them. Here are just a few ways they do that:
- Using engineering, design or science to make stuff that doesn’t trash people or the planet.
- Creating community gardens, time banks or other methods for sharing resources and strengthening community.
- Starting new businesses that foster healthy communities and a healthy planet.
Notable Builders who have done awesome things to change the world:
- Janine Benyus
- Danny Kennedy
- Jon Warner
- Wangari Maathai
- Benton MacKaye
- Omar Freilla
Nurturers make it possible to make change! Here’s how:
- Providing support, care and just about every other kind of sustenance to changemakers and change efforts.
- Having (and keeping!) a source of strength so large that it can be shared with others when they need it.
- Always being ready, able and willing to help.
Some Notable Nurturers who have done awesome things to change the world:
- Dorothy Day
- Janelle Orsi
- Richard and Rhoda Goldman
- Joanna Macy
- Kim Klein
- Yoga Gangsters
Networkers play a crucial role in making change! Some of our favorite Networker traits:
- A love and skill for making introductions and making new friends and contacts.
- Helping to bring all types of people and Changemakers Personalities together over commons ideas, goals and actions.
- An outgoing, open-natured person that’s constantly trying to strengthen and grow blue-panel their communities.
Notable Networkers who have done awesome things to change the world:
- Van Jones
- Tony Mazzocchi
- Bayard Rustin
- Rob Stuart
- Ai-Jen Poo
- Kristen Rowe-Finkbeine
Communicators tell the stories and share information that build our power, bring us closer together and closer to a better future. Here’s how:
- Using your creativity and expression to share knowledge in compelling and accessible ways, whether through art, film, oratory, music, online or innumerable other ways.
- Reminding people about all the ways we’re connected.
- Spreading news, information and ideas to other Changemaker Personalities.
Some Notable Communicators who have done awesome things to change the world:
- Pete Seeger
- Arundhati Roy
- Michael Moore
- Sojourner Truth
- Favianna Rodriquez
- Dennis Brutus
- Amy Goodman
- Bernice Reagon Johnson
- Free Range Studios
Resisters are on the front lines of changmaking! Here are just a few ways Resisters are already helping to write the next chapter in the story of stuff:
- Standing up to the bullies and bad guys.
- Practicing civil disobedience.
- Halting destructive projects with a wide range of tools from lawsuits to injunctions to blockades.
- Helping other changemakers find their own power to resist injustice.
Notable Resisters who have done awesome things to change the world:
- Mary Harris “Mother” Jones
- Harriet Tubman
- Evgenia Chirikova
- Medha Parkar
- Lois Gibbs
- Cesar Chavez
- Dolores Huerta
- Rhiannon Tomtishen
- Madison Vorva
Investigators play the crucial role of exposing both the problems we face and the solutions. Here’s how:
- Reading, inquiring and learning constantly.
- Researching facts questions, issues and stories thoroughly until the entire picture is clear.
- Asking the hard questions and finding the sometimes-dark truths, even when it’s challenging and uncomfortable.
Notable Investigators who have done awesome things to find truth and change the world:
- Sandra Steingraber
- Rachel Carson
- Seymour Hersh
- James Hansen
- Peter Gleick